BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

I Say It's Great To Be ... A Georgia Bulldog!!

Sitting in the Days Inn in Athens, GA....with extremely tired feet b/c I viewed fashion higher on my priority list than comfort....soo extremely glad that my Dawgs were able to win a nail bitting game against the Auburn War Eagles!! Final score 31-24!! Woo hoo!!


Georgia football is one of my favorite passions in the fall and I've been a season ticket holder now for gosh I think 6 or 7 years. There isn't anything better than Athens on a Saturday game day! :) I have so many wonderful memories of watching GA football and spending time in Athens. It's defintitely a deal breaker in my relationships. My friends must respect my love for my Dawgs and I absolutely will not date anyone who doesn't support my passion. When I first met Charming C, I told him that was a deal breaker....he responded with ...."does it count that I played college ball?!" Seriously.... he had me at 1st down!


It's a long 6 hour trek from NC to GA....but I wouldn't miss it for anything in the world. My parents have season tickets as well and I love sharing this passion with them. My dad asks me every year how many pics do I really need to take of GA football....but it's hard not to.....I love wearing red and black and cheering for them despite stupid plays and losing to teams like Florida. This time I brought another dog in my life.....my 3 year old dog Delwyn.




(Picture of Delwyn)

Delwyn is my child....or the closest thing I have to one at the moment....and this was his first GA game day experience. I normally take him to the pet sitter but he's going back home with the Grandparents. My parents love Delwyn probably more than I do! My dad was never one to let pets inside our home. He always thought a dog's place was in the back yard but now Delwyn not only sleeps in the bed with him, but he also gets "chewgars" each Christmas from Orvis!! Can we say spoiled?!!

So I end this post saying that It's great to be a GA Bulldog and have traditions to look forward to each fall....as well as having a furry creature to love and adore you no matter what each day brings.

0 comments: