BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, September 5, 2011

Reading and Reflecting

I did something today that I haven't done in a long time.....I sat down, started reading a book, and finished the book in one day!! I guess the book sucked me into a world of new information and the more information I gathered.....the more I wanted to learn. The book's name is The G Free Diet by Elizabeth Hasselbeck. It was recommended by one of my friends and I'm so glad I bought it. When I was reading her story the words pierced my soul.

For years I've had a love/hate relationship with food. I love cake, cookies, bread, cheese etc....but they didn't love me back. I would eat a wonderful meal and then feel lethargic and get extremely sick. I've lost my gallbladder and have learned where the bathrooms are located in all of my favorite restaurants. Becoming short of breath with excruciating pain in my abdomen had become a normal for me after my meals. Today I was reading that gall bladder malfunction happens when Celiac disease goes undetected for years. My mom and I discussed the symptoms of Celiac disease and gluten allergy and traced my symptoms back to my college days. Just like Elizabeth I got a severe infection in college and ever since then I've had an extreme intolerance for lots of the foods I ate.

Even though I've strictly followed my gluten free diet for only 4 days....I can already tell a difference. You never know how much pain you're in until you don't have pain. I know that my health and my body will continue to improve as the gluten "leaves" my body....but I haven't felt this good internally in years!!

I made gluten free brownies tonight after dinner that were amazing!! I don't think it will be hard to cook gluten free....just a little more time consuming. In the long run it will be cheaper when I'm not visiting the doctor every time you turn around! The hardest part will be when I travel. This weekend I'm going to Chicago but I'm definitely used to turning a bad situation into a good one....so this will be another adventure in my life!!

The best part is the love and support Charming C is giving me!! He's eating gluten free along with me....we should live to be 100 at this rate! lol

0 comments: